
Carissa and I went to see Lion King with Joan and Kellie on Friday, Dec 22. Joan and I had seen it when we went to NYC a few years ago with the whole gang. We all said that if it ever came to Orlando that we'd take the kids because it was just incredible! Well, it's at Bob Carr and Joan and I bought tickets back in March for it! Steve didn't want to go because he didn't want to have anything to compare the NY show to. We weren't disappointed. It was a fabulous show and the girls loved it. There were differences. The stage at Bob Carr is MUCH smaller than the one at the Amsterdam theater on Broadway. The made the set appear crowded from time to time. The sound system at Bob Carr also isn't very good. In NY they must have surround sound, but at Bob Carr all the sound came from up front. That was a little disappointing, but the music and singing were both still fabulous. Joan and I were also disappointed that they didn't have the African costumed singers at the end of the show like they did in NY. That had given me goosebumps, it was so cool. We got drinks from my friend Margaret who was working the bar, enjoyed good company and an awesome show. Aside from the rain and the parking issues (there was a Magic game going on right then, too) it was a great night!

No comments:
Post a Comment