Now here I am . . . 39. Ugh. I clearly remember being in 5th grade and being asked to figure out how old we'd be in the year 2000. We all laughed when we figured out we'd be 32. That seemed soooo old! What would we look like? Would we have wrinkles and a walker? Now I'm even older than THAT! I am glad to report that I at least don't have a walker.
So . . . I had a great birthday weekend. Steve and Carissa surprised me on Saturday by taking me to Cirque du Soleil. It was the first time any of us had ever been. It was AWESOME! I can't believe we've lived here the whole time la Nouba has been open and we've never been. I think our favorite act was the people on the trampolines and tumble tracks. They were soooo cool! We were very impressed with everything. After the show we went to Colorado Fondue, my favorite restaurant in the world. Despite the VERY poor service for the first time ever, the food (especially the dessert) was wonderful. I love that place.
On Sunday we met my brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, and my mom at Smokey Bones for lunch. Then we went back to my mom's house to open some gifts and spend some time together. My brother lives in New York now and was just in town for the weekend. We usually do something for our December birthday bunch (me, my brother and nephew). We also exchanged some Christmas presents. It was nice.
Next year I'm choosing not to celebrate my birthday. After all, next year I turn 17, right?
1 comment:
Wow, I have been so caught up in being a big baby about being sick that I didn't even tell you happy birthday! I'm sorry its late... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it was great! It sounded great! And I love your picture of you and Carissa!
Birthdays do suck now. I will agree with you there. Every couple of months I realize that I'm not 22. I know that sounds stupid, but I seriously stopped remember the aging process at around that point. I assume people that age are the same age as me until it occurs to me that even my younger sister is older than that. I haven't decided what is worse yet... getting older, or watching your family get older....!
Post a Comment