I realized today that I haven't blogged anything in a while. Not much is going on, actually. Summer has come, along with the oppressive heat, and I'm slightly irritated and grumpy about the whole thing. Steve and Carissa are both off this summer. Steve usually travels over the summer which makes me feel better about having to work over the summer. When I was teaching, I still didn't take the summers off. I worked at Rollins College Summer Camp. It always seemed okay because he was working, too. Last year he only traveled (what he did for his summer job) twice, I think. Well, this year the lady he worked for decided not to do the summer institutes, so he isn't doing anything. It's killing me. Well, he IS working for a writing camp for two weeks. It's a half day program. While I'm glad it's something, it does not help me in the slightest get out of bed in the mornings. Plus, we always used his summer money as our "extra" money. Considering that we'll be buying a house soon, this would be a good year to have that extra money. Oh, well.
Carissa is busy staying up late and waking up late. What every teenager needs to do over the summer. She will have some babysitting opportunities in July and will be attending band camp and cheer camp in July, too. She is doing some summer reading. She will also be my maid on weeks that she doesn't have stuff going on and that we don't have company. She has a few random band practices in June and regular cheer practices on Mondays and Wednesdays. She's busy obsessing about the Jonas Brothers, too. She won a contest. I'll blog about that, too.
That's it from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment