
We had three rows of small lockers, of which I'd never have been able to reach the top. Ours were brown, too. Both at Tuskawilla Middle AND Lake Howell. Carissa's school has two rows of lockers that are a little larger. I think she could probably crawl into it. They are tan. They look like this (they don't even have writing or scratched paint like the ones I had):

Anyway . . . we picked up her schedule on Friday. This took all of about 30 seconds. I handed it to her and she ran off to compare with friends before I even got a chance to look at it. So I meandered over to the seemingly endless line for lockers. With no exaggeration, there were easily 1000 people in there waiting for lockers. Everyone brought their whole fam damily to pick up a schedule and get a locker! It wasn't "Meet the Teacher" or anything. Just pick up a piece of paper, get a locker, leave. Well, an HOUR later she got her locker. It's on the bottom (all freshman have lockers on the bottom) and right next to her good friend Allison. She got to pick which hall her locker was in so that it's close to her classes, etc. I thought that was a smart idea. We have also bought stuff to decorate the inside of her locker.
Her classes this year are: Honors English, Band, Honors World History, Honors Geometry, Spanish, and Honors Biology. She'll be a busy kid with marching band and all-star cheer! =)
She's still excited and a little less nervous. Meet the Teacher is on Thursday, school starts on the 18th. It all brings back a lot of memories and is quite surreal. At least she isn't going to Lake Howell. That would be WAY too bizarre!
1 comment:
hahaha, brings back memories, huh? So are honor classes the same as AP classes? I didn't ever use my locker in high school.... I remember when we had to clean them out the end of senior year, I wasn't even sure which one was mine! hahaha
Post a Comment