

SO . . . I scoured the internet for a costume. Of course I couldn't find one and settled my mind on the fact that I would have to make one. So we found a pink skirt and shirt on sale. Easy. I knew I could make the hair by shoving styrofoam balls into pink tights. The question was, "How the HECK are we going to make the mushroom hat?" Well, Steve, being the genius that he is, thought of a chef's hat! eBay is wonderful because I found a pink chef's hat for pretty cheap. Hat accomplished. We made the vest out of a red t-shirt and yellow duct tape! That was my awesome idea. Then I found brown slippers at Target that look like brown fuzzy Mary Jane's. She put them over ballet flats and was set! Here is how it looked:

Oh, yeah! Riley was Toad. They swear they aren't boyfriend and girlfriend, even though Toad and Toadette are! I still find it a little peculiar and convenient. =) Here is the picture of them together:

Her other friends also decided to dress up as Mario Party characters. Kelsey was Mario, Sarah was Luigi, and Marissa was Princess Peach. Here's the group picture. From left to right, for those of you that are not in touch with Mario Party video games, are: Luigi, Toadette, Toad, Mario, and Princess Peach. You can click on the picture to make it bigger.
1 comment:
I LOVE that you made her costume and you know what, it is the BEST costume that I have seen this year. She looks great!
Post a Comment