Friday, November 16, 2007

Vacation!

I am on vacation now! I will still be busy each day until I go back to work, but I'm glad to have time to do what I want. I don't go back to work until the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Updates: Carissa is doing well. She is almost back to normal. SHe started tumbling again, and this week actually threw a round off back handspring tuck. It was really high and really pretty. It was a little uncomfortable when she landed, but it didn't hurt for long. She's mostly complaining about some back pain - a result of having not tumbled in 2 months. She needs to get those muscles back into shape. Her first competition is Dec 8!

I have been busy at work. Working 6 day work weeks on occasion. That's not fun. The sale of the company should be announced soon. Rumor has it that layoffs will begin on Dec 3. I have no idea where I stand in that or if they'll even keep the offices in Orlando or move them to Boston. I would be willing to relocate for the right money, but I'm sure Steve and Carissa wouldn't want to go. Therefore, I stay, too. Out of a department of about 50 people, I'm about at #25 in seniority. So I might be okay if they don't get rid of more than 1/2 of the department. I'll have to blog more about that as it happens.

Steve is busy with pottery. He will be selling some star bowls at a seminar soon. The star bowls relate to the program that is being presented, so he hopes he does well. They're VERY cool bowls and he plans to sell them at a reasonable price. Other than that, he's doing a special project with a professor at Rollins. His 5th graders and her college art students are participating and they are all learning a lot about the ocean and about themselves. It's cool. You can read more about it on his blog, Still Learning. I have the link over on the recommended blogs.

Exciting? No, not really. But that's about all that's going on. I'm thankful for the relative peace and calm and am REALLY looking forward to sleeping in for a week! =)

Happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

JennPav said...

I can't believe Carissa is already out and doing backflips! Good for her! And congrats on the vacation. Have you thought about applying to Element? I'm not sure what the pay will be like. Well, I'm sure you'll be fine at Harcourt... or Houghton... or whatever! They would be crazy to lose you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Happy turkey day as well!

Anonymous said...

Ah! To be on vacation. Enjoy!